Have you ever considered buying a holiday home in South Africa as an investment?
The Minister of Tourism – Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane, joins us to chat about the benefits of purchasing a vacation rental for locals and foreigners, barriers to domestic travel: entry for black entrepreneurs in the tourism industry and pricing for travelling within SA.
She also shares more about the future of Airbnb in South Africa and the Tourism Equity Fund.
Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane is the Minister of Tourism and a Member of Parliament of the Republic of South Africa.
She holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Johannesburg (formerly Vista University), a Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management from Damelin College, a Masters Degree in Public and Development Management from the University of the Witwatersrand and completed a Programme for Leadership Development at Harvard Business School.
She started her career as a Community Developer in the Non-Governmental Sector and subsequently joined the financial sector where she worked for 2 of the big 4 banks. She has also served as a Minister in three portfolios, Science and Technology, Communications, and Energy respectively.
Min. Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane
Listen to the full episode on the UNPACK Podcast
- Why is it important, more now than ever for SA citizens to travel more (safely) within our borders vs. going abroad?
- Why should someone consider investing in real estate (vacation rentals) in South Africa (foreigners and locals) – benefits
- Barriers to domestic travel: Pricing for locals to travel and entry for entrepreneurs
- Funding for young people to get into the tourism property market or tourism funds that are available
- The future of Airbnb in South Africa