My friend and I went Milkshake Tasting at Irene Dairy Farm on a random Thursday afternoon. If you’re like us, any interaction with sugary treats is always appreciated!
Irene Farm has been open since 1895. This Pretoria farm operates as a dairy farm, venue for weddings, conferences, and photography.
This is a great family-friendly Pretoria day trip. There is a playground for kids with space for running, a fun jungle gym, and old tractors to explore.
It’s also a great place to cycle or go for a walk and do the river loop.
Things to know before visiting Irene Dairy Farm
- Address: Nelmapius Drive, Irene, Centurion
- Operating Hours: The farm is open from 7 am to 6 pm daily.
- Farm entry is free.
- The farm has two restaurants: The Barn and The Deck.
They also have a deli where you can purchase fresh produce, baked goodies, or dairy products like milk, cheese, etc.
- Irene Farm is a cashless environment. All major credit and debit cards are accepted.
- Only food and beverages purchased at The Deli or Restaurants may be consumed on the farm.
Milkshake Tasting at Irene Farm
Irene Dairy Farm offers 5 delicious gourmet milkshakes made from their own farm-fresh milk. Milkshake Tasting Price is R150 per person. It’s advised to call or WhatsApp to pre-book.
The milkshakes are named after the most common South African cow herds:
- Nguni: Vanilla ice cream & kit kat
- Afrikaner: Fudge, Toffee Sauce & Marshmallows
- Brahman: Iced hot chocolate & crushed peanut praline
- Ayshire: Seasonal berries, Honey & crushed macadamia praline
- Friesland: Vanilla ice cream & Crushed Oreos
Unfortunately, there is no milkshake tasting during weekends.
The farm also offers gourmet pizza, craft beer, and gin tastings. Overall, this is a fun day out for both adults and children.