South African passport holders who are planning on traveling to Morocco will need a visa.
Morocco is one of the most diverse countries in the world. Known for its architectural beauties, delicious cuisine, picturesque beaches, bustling souks, vast expanses of desert, imposing snow-capped mountains, wondrous medinas, and mouth-watering cuisine there’s a world of wonder to discover in Morocco.
If you are a South African passport holder, you need to apply for a visa to visit Morocco. It’s highly recommended that you apply 6-8 weeks before your trip.
Here’s how to apply, here is our guide on how to apply for Morocco Tourist Visa for South African Passport Holders.
Things to know about Morocco
- Population: 36.9 million (comparable to the population of California)
- Size: 274,461 square miles (about the size of the state of Texas)
- Capital: Rabat (7th largest city in Morocco)
- Continent: Africa
- Government: parliamentary constitutional monarchy
- Currency: Moroccan dirham
- Official Languages: Moroccan Arabic (Darija), Modern Standard Berber, and French are the dominant languages.
- Religion: Islam
Facts about Morocco Visa
- Types of Visa: Tourist or Business
- Times to process visa: 15 working days
- Where to apply: Online at www.acces-maroc.ma or in-person at the Moroccan Consulate in Pretoria or Cape Town.
Pretoria: 799 Francis Baard Street Arcadia 0083 | +27 12 343 023
Cape Town: 10 Roger Street Valmary Park 7550 | +27 21 975 786
- Operating hours: 09:00 to 11:00, Monday to Thursday
Applying for Morocco Visa with a South African Passport
***If you don’t book an appointment before you go, they will not assist you.
Morocco Visa Requirements
Several documents are needed to support your application. Mostly, it is concerned with providing evidence on how you are going to fund your travel to Morocco and prove that you’ll return to your home country.
What you need to apply for a Moroccan Visa:
- Morocco Visa Application Form – download from moroccoembasy.co.za
- Passport – valid for 6 months after the date of return
- A photocopy of the passport (pages indicating
identity and validity)
- 2 x colour passport-sized photos (3.5 x 4.5cm)
- Travel itinerary – what you will do in Morocco, your plans
- Accommodation – where you’ll stay in Morocco
- Evidence of Current Employment or Self Employment – Payslip, Letter from Employer with current role, business registration letter
- Proof of return flights
- Proof of residence in South Africa (eg Municipality Bill, Levy statement, bank statement, etc)
- Visa fee – paid in cash only (in-person appointment
- Proof of funds – 3 months of bank statements
- Vaccine certificate – proof of 2 doses
Cost of Morocco Visa
The cost of a Moroccan Visa is $25. The amount is payable by card when applying for an e-visa or cash at the embassy.
More Travel Tips