Are women in podcasting overlooked? In every industry, the disparity in representation for women only grows when you view the gender gap through a multicultural lens
I was invited to be part of the Clubhouse panel hosted by BBE London Podcast Agency – An agency that helps you to create, grow and monetize your podcast using their free podcast guides and tailored 1-to-1 support.
In this session wee discussed podcasting challenges, how to overcome imposter syndrome, monetization strategies and learned many things like there was a study that shows that lower-pitch voices are synonymous with power hence male podcasters are more popular.
Table of Contents
Women in Podcasting Panelist
- Sheila. Knowles: Host and Founder of BBE LDN Podcast Agency
- Fathiya Fousseni: Business Strategist and founder of She Wins Podcast
- Emma Hartley: Today’s Twenties Podcast – resources for 20year olds figuring it out!
- Lerato Bambo: Podcaster and Founder of African Women Podcasters Network
- Philippa Crabb: Host of How not to date at 28 Podcast
- Dr. Gita Pensa: Associate Professor, Clinician Educator, with the Brown University Emergency Medicine Residency. Host of the Doctors and Litigation: The L Word Podcast.
- Dr. Jessie Werner: ER Doctor and Podcaster
- Melissa Carcache: Actress, Producer, Podcaster, and Family Business Owner.
- Alyson McGregor: o-founder and director of Sex & Gender in Emergency Medicine (SGEM) in Brown University’s Department of Emergency Medicine.
- Resa E Lewis: Creator of The Visible Voices Podcast and Former chief resident of the Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency program in Boston, MA
Things to Know about Women in Podcasting
- Less than 20% of Podcaster in Africa are female.
- Women make up 45% of all podcast consumers and over-indexing in podcasts about family, health, the arts, true crime, and more.
- In 2018, women only hosted 22% of podcasts.
Women in Business Podcasts
These are some of my favorite Women in Business Podcasts:
The Women in Tech Podcast
Features inspiring Women in Tech from Engineers, Female Founders, Investors, UX and UI Designers, Journalists all sharing their story how they got to where they are today.
Property Magicians Podcast
Property Magicians Podcast by Vangile Makwakwa and Dr. Miranda Moloto share the A to Z in investing in Property. This is a great way to build passive income for long-term wealth!
She Did It Her Way
I love entrepreneur stories. The She Did it Her Way podcast features a different female entrepreneur every week discussing challenges they overcame to build their businesses. This is one of the best Women in Business podcasts!
Read more about what was shared at the Women in Podcasting session!